A pessary is a pill that you insert into your vagina by using a special applicator. Intravaginal creams are applied within your vagina. The main types used to treat thrush are: clotrimazole – available over the counter from pharmacies.
- Treating Thrush.. External thrush creams will help to soothe your symptoms such as itching.
- Discover our selection of medicated thrush creams & capsules. Shop today & accumulate 4 Advantage Card Points for every pound you spend.
- You’ll often need antifungal medicine to get rid of thrush.
- Thrush creams, tablets & oral treatments – Rowlands Pharmacy, Though it is uncomfortable, thrush is very easy to treat.
- The pessary is used to treat a fungal infection in the vagina and vulval area (thrush). The cream works to relieve the symptoms of external irritation.
How Long Can It Take To Get Rid Of Thrush?
Most cases of thrush are mild and clear up by using an antifungal mouth rinse or lozenges. Very mild cases of thrush may clear up without medical treatment. It often takes about 2 weeks of treatment with an oral antifungal medicine to cure more severe thrush infections. 
What Does Thrush Appear To Be?
White, slightly raised areas in the mouth area are common indicators of thrush. They’re usually entirely on your tongue or inner cheeks. They can also appear on the roof of the mouth area, gums, tonsils, or the back of your throat. These areas may look like cottage cheese.
How Do You Eliminate The White Coating On My Tongue?
You might be able to remove the white coating from your tongue by gently brushing it with a soft toothbrush. Or softly run a tongue scraper across your tongue. Drinking lots of water can also help flush bacteria and debris out of your mouth.